Dear XQCD 2019 participants,
This is the final circular for XQCD 2019. Important information about the conference is listed below. Please read this carefully.
- Venue The conference will take place at Bunkyo School Building, Tokyo Campus, University of Tsukuba. The closest railway station is Myogadani of Tokyo Metro Marunouchi line, which is within 15 minutes from Tokyo station. You can find how to reach the venue on the following webpage:
The exact address of the venue is:
3-29-1 Otsuka Bunkyo-ku Tokyo 112-0012 Japan
- Registration The registration desk will open in front of Room 122 from 8:15 on Monday morning and will keep opening during the conference. At the time of registration, conference registration fee should be paid in cash. All participants need to pay 4,000JPY for conference materials as well as foods and drinks at the poster session. If you (and accompanying person(s)) will attend the banquet, additional 8,000JPY/person is also needed. Please have exact change ready.
- Scientific program The scientific program will start on Monday, June 24, at 8:50 and will end on Wednesday, June 26, at 17:45. The timetable is now available on the Indico page:
- For oral presenters All oral presentations will be given in Room 134. The length of a talk is 25 and 45 minutes, including 5 minutes discussion, for selected and invited speakers, respectively. A conference laptop should be used for all presentations unless there is any reason to use other PC. All speakers are required to prepare their slides in PDF or PowerPoint format. The other file formats are not supported. Please send your slides to xqcd2019(at)ccs.tsukuba.ac.jp no later than two hours before the start of your session so that the organizers can upload them to Indico. Note that speakers are not allowed to upload their slides to Indico by themselves.
- Poster session The poster session will take place on Monday evening in Room 122 between 17:00 and 19:00. Foods and drinks will be served. Posters are supposed to be in A0 portrait size (841mm wide x 1189mm high) or smaller. There is no printer at the venue. It is strongly recommended to print your poster prior to coming to the venue. Posters can be displayed between the first and second lunch breaks. Pins are provided. Posters are also required to be uploaded to Indico. Please send your poster to xqcd2019(at)ccs.tsukuba.ac.jp at least two hours before the start of the poster session so that the organizers can upload it to Indico. Note that presenters are not allowed to upload their poster to Indico by themselves.
- Coffee and lunch breaks Coffee and snacks will be provided during each coffee break in Room 122. Since there is no cafeteria and no shop at the venue, participants should get food or have lunch outside of the campus.
- Banquet The conference banquet will be held on Tuesday evening between 18:30 and 20:30 at Kanobi Meikei-kan, which is located within walking distance of the venue (about 5 minutes).
-WiFi Eduroam is available.
Please also visit the conference website for further information:
If you need to contact us, please send an email to xqcd2019(at)ccs.tsukuba.ac.jp.
We look forward to seeing you soon in Tokyo!
XQCD 2019 Local Organizing Committee:
Shinji Ejiri (Niigata) Kazuyuki Kanaya (Tsukuba) Masakiyo Kitazawa (Osaka) Yoshinobu Kuramashi (Tsukuba) Hideo Matsufuru (KEK) Hiroshi Ohno (Tsukuba, Chair) Yusuke Taniguchi (Tsukuba)
Date Jun. 24th 8:50 - Jun. 26th 17:45 (JST)
Venue (map) Bunkyo School Building Tokyo Campus University of Tsukuba 3-29-1 Otsuka Bunkyo-ku Tokyo 112-0012 Japan
Important dates May 12th : deadline for student support May 12th : deadline for abstract submission May 26th : deadline for registration